10 TIPS TO MAKE IT EASIER
Natasha J. Rosewood
“When is it going to happen?” is the perennial question asked by my clients. Although I can see what is coming down the pipeline, the when is often up to the person’s emotions.
“When you are emotionally ready,” I respond and expect to hear a groan of exasperation. Of course, we all want to know what, when and how. But from time to time, some of us feel a little “stuck” and we unconsciously delay things that are even good for us. Some hidden fear or unresolved grief may be lurking in the unconscious and creating a smokescreen. Remember though, this is only your ego-mind telling you that you are stuck.
Metaphorically, energy or “chi” is like a flowing river. When we feel stuck, the flow of that river is caught in an eddy. Our chi is going around and around in circles and being sucked down into a vortex.
Energy by its very definition means motion and, therefore, cannot stay still. “Stuckness” is just an illusion and sometimes, merely a judgment of where you have not yet arrived. Your conscious waking-state chatters at you, berating you constantly with “I should be doing. . . ” or “what’s wrong with me?” or “I don’t know…” et al.
But stuckness can be celebrated.
The good news is that feeling stuck is part of the human process and, believe it or not, serves a purpose. Stuckness is about standing still for a while and allowing us to take stock. In our Western culture and our headlong rush towards success and then death─not always in that order─we do not allow ourselves permission to not know our destination. And if we resist our stuckness, what we resist persists and our stuckness expands.
So just for today, give yourself permission to sit down, put your feet up and read the following ten tips to honoring stuckness.
- Accept what is now. Everything is in perfect divine right order. Therefore, you are not stuck, just resting.
- Let your life unfold naturally. If you are unable to make a decision, it means you do not have all the information yet. Wait and trust.
- Ask for help. Consult your psychic, coach, counselor, spirit guides or angels. Be open to a different perspective.
- Throw an “idea party.” Brainstorm, exchange ideas, give and receive support.
- Invite someone you admire to be your mentor. Most people love to give advice!
- Recognize that you are not stuck, merely regrouping and preparing for a new life. Be thankful for the pause and know that what is yours will come to you.
- Decide to see your life as a movie and write your dreams into your future script.
- Be honest with yourself. What do you really, really want? Pursue the most exciting and/or scariest options.
- Feel the fear and, even if you are you terrified of success or happiness, do it anyway. That’s the time when you will feel really ALIVE!
- Take one action every day towards that bigger picture. No matter how small the deed, you are still moving forward.
And then . . . you are no longer stuck.